TOGETHER WE ARE THE SOLUTION
Together we are the solution. That is the theme of a group working for the Anti-Corruption Act. The group includes both conservatives and liberals.
The American Anti-Corruption Act sets a standard for city, state and Federal Anti-Corruption laws that put power back in the hands of the people.
Each Anti-Corruption Act stops political bribery, ends secret money and fixes our broken elections. The Act’s specific provisions vary by locale based on Constitutional limitations and the necessity of specific anti-corruption measures.
- For a brief description of the provisions of the American Anti-Corruption Act, visit our Policy Platform page
- For a detailed explanation of the American Anti-Corruption Act, visit Org.
Key provisions of the American Anti-Corruption Act:
- Make it illegal for politicians to take money from lobbyists
- Ban lobbyist bundling
- Close the revolving door
- Prevent politicians from fundraising during working hours
- Immediately disclose political money online
- Stop donors from hiding behind secret-money groups
- End gerrymandering
- Let all voters participate in open primaries
- Let voters rank their top candidates, avoid “spoilers”
- Automatic voter registration
- Vote at home or at the polls
- Change how elections are funded
- Crack down on super PACs
- Eliminate lobbyist loopholes