THANK YOU FOR VOTING FOR THE ACHA
Thank you, Congressman Duffy, for voting for the ACHA, the Ryan healthcare bill, May 4th.
Thank you to the voters for voting for Donald Trump and Congressman Duffy on November 8th.
Here is a short list, out of many provisions, that are especially ‘merciful.’
1. The federal protections for people with pre-existing conditions are eliminated. In Duffy’s 7th Congressional District this will affect 295,400 or 51% of the non-elderly population who have pre-existing conditions. About 852,000 people in Wisconsin have a pre-existing condition.
A patient with metastatic cancer would have an annual surcharge of more than $140,000.
5. Veterans will be discriminated against because of pre-existing conditions: depression, hearing loss, blood clots, sexual assault.
7. Cuts of $880 billion from Medicaid. 74,506,919 million Americans, half are children, are on Medicaid. Subsidies would decline for low-income people while subsidies for higher income people will rise. In Wisconsin, 792,214 are on Medicaid/Badgercare including 412,234 children as of April, 2017.
8. Allow insurance companies to place lifetime and annual caps on individuals with serious, chronic medical conditions. This ‘merciful’ act will hit families especially hard with children who were born with an incurable condition.
A. Outpatient care
B. Emergency services
D. Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care
E. Mental health and substance use disorders
F. Laboratory services
G. Prescription drugs
H. Rehabilitative services
I. Preventive care, wellness, and disease management
J. Pediatric services, including oral and vision care for children
10. The most ‘merciful’ provision would be a $700 billion tax cut to the wealthy and corporations.
Once again, I congratulate Duffy and his voters. You have truly shown what can be done to harm millions of people including family members, neighbors, co-workers, our fellow Americans in the name of ‘mercy.’ Congressman Duffy celebrated the “victory.” Will people continue to celebrate as the devastating effects of the AHCA become apparent in years to come?