NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
From the White House we hear the incessant lies, and subsequent views from those who try to explain them away as “alternate facts.” This is sufficient if you live in an “alternate universe.”
However, the world of the alt-right is the golden ring for S. Bannon and S. Miller. It is a very dark, neo- fascist word view envisioned by these individuals. For them the “ends justify the means.” This end goal leads to a world ruled under an Alt-right ideology, which would manifest the most despicable realities that our country and the civilized world fought to stop in World War II.
Dr. Keith Ablow, the psychiatrist for Fox News, states that President Trump is not sick because he can list how successful he’s been and how he won the office against the odds. However, the President does have all the characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. While I am a physician and not a psychiatrist I can still look at the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
According to the DSM4, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a “pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy.” The disorder begins by early adulthood and is indicated by at least five of the following:
An uncompromising, persistent pattern of self centered and egotistical thinking and actions. This is not controllable even if it disrupts work, damages relationships or causes a great deal of stress. President Trump has billions of dollars and businesses worldwide. This seems in contrast with a severe form of the disorder, yet his thinking patterns and actions match the traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- An exaggerated sense of self-importance. The individual speaks of how absolutely great he is. He says he is great and is simply going to be the best ever. No one is as great. “His administration is running as a fine tuned machine.” Anything to the contrary is lies and “fake news.” All other people are inferior. No one is to be loved and admired more than he.
- Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or ideal love.
- Believes he is”special” and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high status people.
- Requires excessive admiration.
- Has a sense of entitlement.
- Selfishly takes advantage of others to achieve his own ends.
I believe that he is ill and not fit to be President. He lies over and over and breaks the Constitution, or the Laws that should guide us. He is enriching himself daily financially and refuses to reveal his taxes, which will reveal his ties to Russia. If the FBI and CIA dig deeper, they may uncover the truth about his love of Putin and possibly his treason.
I just hope we, the People, who stand with the Constitution and its checks and balances, are heard. I stand with Truth, Science, and Justice for all people. I stand for a healthy environment and health care for all.