THANK YOU TO WI PUBLIC EDUCATION NETWORK AND FAIR MAPS
FROM OUR PARTNERS AT WI PUBLIC EDUCATION NETWORK
Public Education is the Life Blood of Every Community
Here’s what you can do right now:
- Sign our petitionto become a budget ambassador yourself and show lawmakers — and Team Public—that you’re on the side of kids, whatever it takes. en.wisconsinnetwork.org/budgetamb
- Contact your lawmakersand ask them to take the bold actions necessary to fix the proposed package on the table and instead pass a budget that closes the gaps and meets kids’ needs. Find your lawmakers here or call 800-362-9472 for the Wisconsin legislature hotline.
- Contact Gov. Eversand ask him to take the bold actions necessary to protect Wisconsin kids from any damaging proposals that may reach his desk and to hold firm on a budget that meets students’ needs. Find Gov. Evers’ contact information here.
- Follow the process and continue having these conversations in your community.
- Put school funding messages into context.An increase in spending on public schools that does not keep pace with inflation or prioritize funds where the needs are greatest does nothing to close the gaps in our status quo.
- Make sure Wisconsinites understand the statewide implicationsof a potential surge in public dollars spent on private schools with little to no transparency or accountability.