TEN EXAMPLES OF HOW WOMEN ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY
1. Women working full time are paid 79 cents to every dollar men working full time are paid.
2. Men direct 86 percent of all television episodes in 2013 and 2014
3. Nearly two thirds of bylines, on-camera appearances and producer credits were listed to men, while women constituted only a third of these contributors.
4. Even among the top-grossing G-rated family films, girl characters are outnumbered by boy characters three to one.
5. Only 7 percent of directors, 13 percent of writers, and 20 percent of producers are women.
6. In 2014, about 30 percent of TV news directors were women. While this is a very low number, it is actually a record high.
7. Only four women directors have been nominated for a directing Oscar.
8. Women are shown on air to report segments on foreign affairs and national security only 22 percent of the time.
9. Older men are much more likely to be married than older women—72 percent of men versus 46 percent of women. In 2014, almost half of women age 75 and older (46 percent) lived alone.
10. The United States is the only industrialized nation not to have paid leave for mothers of newborns.