Happy Freedom Day
Recap from the Juneteenth celebration in Wausau!
- Thank you, Mayor Katie, for announcing the proclamation declaring Juneteenth in Wausau
- Thank you to William for his inspiring remarks about the grandmother of Juneteenth, Opal Lee.
- As always, we appreciate the wisdom and knowledge from Darryl and his reminder that we are all Americans.
- I am so incredibly proud of Cara, and Faith and their entire family for sharing the story of Carma and keeping her memory alive.
- We passed our hundreds of Black history books for kiddos! Thank you to everyone who donated to my fundraiser in February—all the books have new homes.
- Shoutout to DJ Rayon for the fantastic music and to Janice for the equally as impressive food by her catering service a Taste of Jamaica.
- Huge kudos and love to Gwen, LaTanya, Alyiah, Emily, Chloe, Heaven, and Miah for all their help planning and setting up.
- We love you Whitewater Music Hall for allowing us to host our event in your beautiful space.
Lastly, thank you Wausau for showing up and showing love last night. I’m reminded how many wonderful humans we have in our community.
If you have feedback regarding the event, please don’t hesitate to message me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.